You Should Know
My list of Stowe-area services, businesses, and treats
My 3 favorite places to eat in Stowe
Harrisons Restaurant & Bar - 25 Main Street - 802.253.7773
- Be sure to say hi to Kathy Kneale who'll probably greet you upon your arrival.
- If you sit at the bar, say hi to Andrew, Kathy's son, who'll make you a great drink! Tell him you'd like to get Screeched...
Blue Donkey - 1669 Mountain Road (right on the Stowe Rec Path) - 802.253.3100
- Best Burgers ever!
- The whole crew behind the counter is awesome -- be sure to say hi to Steve, he's a fellow ski patroller
The Matterhorn - 4969 Mountain Road - 802.253.8198
- last bar on the Mountain Road before the Resort; first bar after you leave the Resort!
- best sushi in Stowe (it's true!)
- all the food's great
- NY Times 2009 mention (#8 at 4:00 p.m.)
- and most importantly, a favorite of the ski patrol!
Stowe Seafood - 502 Mountain Road - 802.253.8004
- Best fish and meats in town. Hands down!
- If Ed, the owner is in, give him a big hello!
GreenTop Market - 639 Morristown Corners, Morristown - 802.888.8883
- From Stowe: Stagecoach Road to the first Stop sign -- on your right
- Hormone Free Meats / Support local farmers / Organic products
- Buying meat in Vermont can sometimes make you think we're at the end of the food chain. But GreenTop Market's butcher could be as big a find as maple syrup.
iRide - 393 Mountain Road - 802.253.1947
- "We ride bikes. We ride snowboards. We ride skis. We ride. We understand."
- say hi to Ron and Paul
AJs - 350 Mountain Road - 802.253.4593
- don't miss AJs annual Bike Swap in May. 2014: May 17th
- I bought my 1st mountain bike at the Bike Swap soon after moving to Vermont
Edgewise - 1940 Mountain Road - 802.253.8883
- it's where I have my skis tuned
- say hi to Graham Lonetto, Edgewise's founder and technician. He's a former World Cup technician with years of experience prepping skis for all levels and conditions.
THEATER and MUSIC
Stowe Theatre Guild - 67 Main Street in Town Hall - 802.253.3961
- 2013 Season began June 19th
Lamoille County Players - Hyde Park Village - 802.888.4507
- 2013 Season began May 3rd
Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center - 7320 Mountain Road - 802.760.4634
Stowe Performing Arts - Bringing Music to the Mountains - 802.253.7792
- Stowe Community Church - Noon Music in May - Wednesdays at Noon - Free
- Trapp Family Lodge Concert Meadow - Music in the Meadow - Sunday Evenings
- On the Lawn of the Helen Day Memorial Building - Gazebo Concerts - Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. - Free
The Bee's Knees - 82 Lower Main Street, Morrisville - 802.888.7789
- Coffee Shop / Bar / Restaurant / Nightclub
- This is where, several years ago, I first heard the Eames Brothers Band, a terrific Stowe-based, bluesy soul rock band. If they're playing anywhere in northern Vermont when you're here, don't miss them!