Curated by the Stowe Area Association
Looking for the quintessential New England experience this winter? Dreaming of carving fresh pow on the trails? Here are five ways to experience what National Geographic calls one of "The World's Best Ski Towns" this winter:
- Play at the mountain. Stowe Mountain Resort has the most skiing and riding terrain open in the east, with 82 inches of fresh snowfall this season and state-of-the-art snowmaking producing optimal skiing and riding conditions. Explore other activities at the resort, like ice skating or relaxing by an outdoor fireplace, while absorbing the natural beauty of Mt. Mansfield–the highest peak in Vermont. Take the complimentary Stowe Mountain Road Shuttle to and from your hotel room.
- More snowy fun. Winter has arrived, and with more snow in the forecast, there are other winter activities to enjoy, like snowmobiling, sleigh rides; and, dog sledding. Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and backcountry skiing are also popular with Stowe's world-class Nordic trail system and variety of trails nearby. Need gear? Pick up equipment rentals and other sports gear and apparel in town.
- Festive activities. Holiday shopping is an adventure in Stowe. Find the perfect gift for your family and friends during Reindeer Quest (through December 24). #ShopStowe and win prizes as you collect snowflake stamps at Stowe shops. Enjoy a live holiday performance, children's activities, cooking and food demonstrations, New Year's Eve celebrations and other events.
- Eat, drink and be merry. Ranked one of the "World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies" by Fodor's Travel, Stowe is home to a variety of dining establishments and craft beverage producers. Sample craft beverages on the Stowe Craft Bev Trail and other local flavors on the Stowe Tasting Trail.
- Plan your stay. Stowe offers quality accommodations for every taste and budget. Solidify your winter plans with the Midwinter Getaway or the Extend Your Weekend lodging offers. Not sure where to start? Visit us online at gostowe.com, call us at (800) 467-8693 or stop by the Visitor Information Center while in town. Exclusive discounts for lodging, activities, equipment rentals and events are available year-round.