Rivers, Reservoirs, Swimming Holes and More
Have you experienced a summer in Stowe? There are plenty of water activities and swimming spots to beat the heat on your summer vacation. Here are our favorite ways to unwind and stay cool this summer:
- Swimming holes. Take a swim in a local river or reservoir, or dip your feet in the West Branch River just off the Stowe Recreation Path.
- Waterfalls, pools and basins. Short, scenic hikes throughout town bring you to popular swimming holes like Moss Glen Falls and Bingham Falls.
- Paddle for views. Explore the wilderness by canoe or kayak. Rent a boat or a stand-up paddleboard (SUP) at the Waterbury Reservoir (which also has a day use beach that's perfect for swimming) or the Lamoille or Winooski rivers.
- Guided tours. Learn to paddle and receive an introduction to Stowe's scenic waterways. Paddling instruction is available through guided tour operators like Bert's Boats, Umiak Outdoor Outfitters, and Vermont Canoe and Kayak.
- Après-activity. Cool down after a hot day outside. Make a stop on the Stowe Craft Bev Trail or sample the local flavors of Stowe on the Stowe Tasting Trail.
Thanks to GoStowe for this Summer Update.